Sunday, November 9, 2014

Playing with Peplum (Vol. 2)



So I’m back at the peplum top.  This time I chose a pattern with princess seams.  My previous peplum top had the seam across my abdomen that I wasn’t a big fan of.  I’m sure if I just find a better placement for that seam I will like it,  but I love princess seams, so I tried out this tactic instead.

 Also, the skirt was initially intended for SOMETHING years ago.  I have no idea where I was going with it, and since I needed a skirt, I decided to maneuver the pieces and use it for what I currently needed.  I left the edges raw because I like the effect it gave at the bottom. Very easy outfit.






I used M6741 because I liked the neckline and the princess seams.
  

I cut the length to about 4 inches higher than the shortest skirt, View A.  I then flared out the bottom a bit more than the pattern, since it was meant to flare as a dress length, not a top length.  I admit the top was easy, and its comfortable.  And the princess seams makes it so much easier to fit the top where I want it to.  I’m happy with the top, but I don’t think this will be my go-to peplum pattern.  It’s not as “peplumy” as I’d like.  I guess that means there will be a Volume 3.  Stay Tuned!!


......Take Fashion Into Your Own Hands......

No comments:

Post a Comment